It is a proven fact that blogging is a great way to promote and get more traffic for any kind of business site, but, of course, the results depend on the quality of the content and posts. Not all sites using blogs for promotion are successful, because not all marketers know how to write content that sells.
If that is your case, or you just want to make sure that you are on the right track, here are a few tips to guide you along the process of writing high converting blog posts.
1. Focus on business goals – Why are you blogging, what is your main goal? No matter what it is, avoid personal subjects, keep it to business, and provide useful information that goes above and beyond.
In order to help you to define your goals, answer these questions:
- Do you want traffic within the shop or just online?
- Do you wish to increase sales or just traffic?
- What clients do you want to attract?
- Do you want to educate clients and prospects?
- Do you want to focus on the company, to build a brand, or just on the products fast?
- Do you want to bring more organic traffic?
- Pick a maximum of three objectives and stick to them for better results.
2. Target a well-defined category of customers – Do the research and think about what is the ideal target audience for your business. Who is interested in your products and what they would be looking for, this is a common practice known as market research. Write the posts in a language that would suit the education level, the age and the interests of these potential customers.
3. Choose the subjects of your posts carefully – They have to awake the interest of your potential customers, to entice them to read more, and to establish you as an authority in the niche. Expertise is of utmost importance because it will increase sales and carve you into the “go to” entity for that industry.
4. Well-written posts – Make sure that the content is well written, poorly written articles do little to portray your business as an authority or to convey professionalism. This includes proofing carefully for typos and grammar errors.
5. Make posts easy to read – People like to read between the lines, they like short and concise sentences, they like bullets and headings, so make sure to structure your post accordingly and do not forget to leave some space between the paragraphs, to give the reader the impression that he or she has more “air”, more freedom of choice, more time to process information.
6. Use keywords in post titles – The best way to be sure the search engines place your content in relevant search engine page results is by optimizing your page’s titles tags. This will bring targeted organic search traffic, as opposed to, generic titles that no one is searching for.
7. Provide useful and practical information – Give tips, advice, examples, include videos and photos if you can. The more problems your posts solve and the more questions they answer, the more sales they will bring, as well as, establish your business as an authority.
8. Be persuasive – Do not try to sell the products directly, but rather to show people what they need and where they can get it from safely and at affordable prices. Solve problems. Bragging about how great products are and blogging in an overly promotional manner is a run off and lowers the trust level that the audience will have in your company. It is much more effective to be useful through the content.
Think of customers first, consider what sells you when you shop online? Provide as much helpful information as possible and not with the intent to sell, but with the intent to help your customers.
9. Be original – Neither the search engines nor regular readers like repetitions or copied content, so, even if you use someone else’s ideas or information, give them a personal touch, rephrase them in your own style. It is a sign of respect and appreciation for both visitors and search engines and it will pay off in the long run.
10. Think of the audience first – Above all else, when it comes to business blogs think of your readers first, when you impress leads and provide the utmost value you set yourself as an indispensable resource, which, in the long run leads to loyal lifelong customers.
The great thing about seniors blogging is that they have SO MUCH to offer others! Wisdom, insight, history, etc. It all comes together for an audience just itching to connect with someone who has been there, done that!