Late night television really needs to be banned. Websites that promote “Get Rich Quick” schemes to help people build a successful online business OVERNIGHT need to be wiped from the face of the Internet. Why? Because there’s more to building a successful online business than hopping on the latest bandwagon and hoping you can ride along. It takes hard work, perseverance, patience and, of course, a great set of tools!
“One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop.” While these words, written by the timeless G. Weilacher, may apply to the rest of your life, you’re going to need a little more than WD-40 and duct tape to build a successful online business! Yet many of the promoters on television and out on the web would have you believe precisely that-all you have to do is grease the wheels of your creativity and use a little duct tape to tape their business model in place and you’ll be an instant millionaire.
What are the real tools you need to make an online business a success? (And can it really be done without duct tape?!?!) Keep on reading to see what you need to take your website from ordinary to extraordinary and build a real successful online business that will generate real revenue rather than false promises:
1) A good domain name. The last time you went to a party, did you remember the names of all the people you met the next morning? Not likely. Visitors to your website aren’t going to remember the address to your site either, unless you choose an easy to remember domain name that will let them find you with a minimum of hassle. For example, if you’re running an online business called, “Gotta love cats!” your domain name should be as close to .gottalovecats. as possible… .glc12.rr.kitty. is going to be a little too much for most people to remember!
2) A dependable website hosting service. You can’t run any kind of successful online business if people can’t get to your site, so a good, dependable web hosting service is essential. Period.
3) A squeeze page. Do you know what I would give for people to stop preaching about the wonders of squeeze pages? Squeeze pages are an outdated method of building your mailing list that has finally started to make its way to where it belongs-history. Customers who find themselves at a squeeze page aren’t going to give you their contact information, they’re going to go see what your competition has to offer. Just say no. Really.
4) A good mailing list. Of course, squeeze pages were created for a reason. A good mailing list is an essential component of any business, helping you to grow your customer base and encourage repeat visitors. Put your link to sign up for your mailing list someplace it is easily noticeable, but AFTER people have had a chance to see what you have to offer. You’ll generate more positive leads this way (you know, people that might actually buy something) and keep your customers right where they belong-with you!
5) An autoresponder service for your mailing list. Today’s e-consumers want results yesterday, and that applies to your mailing list as well. Put together a four to seven day autoresponder series of e-mails that everyone who signs up for your mailing list will receive, full of useful hints, tips and interesting information. Not only will this show the value of your mailings, it will keep your business in the front of their mind until they get the next one.
6) Ad trackers. If you wanted to throw your marketing money away you would have a better time spending it in the Bahamas than on ads that don’t generate any leads. An Ad tracker will show you which of your ads are generating positive leads and which are just taking up cyber space so you can put your money where it’s going to do you the most good.
7) A split tester. Split testing works hand in hand with your Ad tracker to automatically divert all incoming traffic and help you figure out what works and what doesn’t. You can save yourself hundreds of dollars and tons of your time by using these two tools hand in hand to build a successful marketing campaign.
8) Great dashboard services. Are you still there? Great! You’ve obviously got staying power, which is exactly what you’re going to need to build a successful online business. Let’s talk about the last tool you’re going to need to make your website a success-a great dashboard. Your dashboard is going to be your aviation control center, giving you real time reports of conversions, opt-ins and sales and providing you with an up to the minute view of your company’s activities every second of the day.
You might be able to build a successful online business without any of these tools, but I wouldn’t count on it. Leave the WD-40 and the duct tape in the closet where they belong and put the right tools in your hands. You’ll be amazed at the results.
Article Source: Articlelogy.com